Friday, April 30, 2010
Correction in Translation in the file “The '3uchpuur and the Fire” – by Nasrin Ath-thalafiyah
Lesson # 11 of book 1 of Grade 3 of Palestinian School
Bismillah ir rahman ir raheem
Asalamualikum warahma tullahi wabaraka tuhu,
I am extremely sorry for the mistake that took place in the translation. It was due to how the sister who gives me lesson translated, she said she is not good at grammar so I should have paid attention while doing the translation, but I just ran fast in thinking the way she taught subhan Allah. May Allah forgive both of us.
But there is a Great Lesson to learn that is: knowing Arabic Grammar for US at least as non-Arab is paramount important, otherwise we will misunderstand the text and also mistranslate. Subhan Allah.
So here is the mistake that took place and it is between the two forms of a verb with same root letters: first verb is: هرب – it is the original verb – form I of alfa3l aththulathee, and second verb is أهرب, which is the form IV [form four] of the same verb, it is alfa3l aththulatheee majed fihi, the meaning of the verb changes with the adding of the Hamza in front of the original verb and it takes maf3ulun bihi as you see it took “ه” – and also remember in 4 letters verbs the harf of mudare [أ - ي -ن - ت ] takes a Damma instead of a Fatha and the second to last letter of the verb gets a kasra, while in three letter verbs, the harf of mudare takes fatha and the 2nd to last letter could take fatha, damma, kasra.
Because of these rules now as I started to read the text, I figured what went wrong. Subhan Allah, it is not that the fire didn’t leave the forest nor the clouds of smoke but these are Fa3el [فاعل] of the verb أهرب, - didn’t I see dammah on the words: لنيرانا and سحب – Subhan Allah.
So the translation should be: The flared up fire could not make him (the bird 3uthpuur) flee, nor the clouds of smoke but he started working immediately with loyalty and honesty.
And my first translation lead me to think that the second verb بدأ – was for all so I said “they” as if verbs comes in the beginning before the doer/s – it is male/female singular but it is a misunderstanding due to first misunderstanding because the doer/s are already mentioned so if it was “they” then it should be plural. Subhan Allah. Alhamdulillah.
And I am amazed at my readers too, haven’t you noticed these errors. I love people correcting me. Please help each other get better and correct and advice each other.
And you can see how super IMPORTANT it is for us to know the Arabic Grammar rules. Alhamdulillah for the blessings of Allah.
Jazakum Allahu khayran Kathiran.
Was-salamualikum warahma tullahiwabaraka tuhu
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
---> "Our da'wah and our 'aqeedah is more beloved to us than our own selves, our wealth and our offspring. So we are not prepared to part with it for gold, nor silver. We say this so that no one may have hope in buying out our da'wah, nor should he think that it is possible for him to purchase it from us for deenaar or dirham. Since the politicians already know this about us, so they have despaired of buying it from us with granted positions or wealth." <---
Friday, April 23, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Mastering Madina Arabic Books
Use the below resources for studying and mastering the Books 1,2 and 3 of "Lessons in Arabic language"
[as taught at the Islaamic University of Madeenah]
written by Shaykh Dr. V. 'Abdur-RaheemThe ARABIC COURSE for English-Speaking students is a comprehensive and popular course for the teaching of the Qura'anic and Traditional Arabic, originally devised and taught at the renowned Madinah Islamic University catering for the non-Arabic speaking students from all over the world. Over the years, this course has enabled students to become competent in their use of the Arabic language and to participate and benefit from scholarly pursuits such as Qur'anic exegesis, hadith, fiqh, serah, history, and classical and modern Arabic literature.* It is concise (consisting of only three books, reasonably short) but extensive in their coverage.
* It combines modern Arabic vocabulary with Islamic terminology used in the Qur'an and Sunnah.
* It helps acquire an understanding of hundreds of Qur'anic verses, ahadith, Arabic parables and poetry.Madeenah Arabic Language Program - Level 1Madina Arabic : Book 1:
Madeenah University Curriculum, taught by Abu az Zubayr Shadeed Muhammad
- Lessons in Arabic Language - Book 1; [as taught at the Islaamic University of Madeenah]
- 127 pages, Adobe Acrobat 5 document (size = 8.29mb) (from fatwa-online.com)
-Author : Shaykh Dr. V. 'Abdur-Raheem
- Arabic Grammar Rules for Madeenah Book One [Ms Word Doc] - from fatwa-online.com
- Translated Notes for Madeenah Book One [Ms Word Doc] - from fatwa-online.com
- Madina Book 1 - Arabic Solutions - book by Dr. V. 'Abdur-Raheem - [PDF - 78 pages - 7.3 MB ]
- Madina Book 1 - English Key - book by Dr. V. 'Abdur-Raheem - [PDF - 61 pages - 7.5 MB ]
- Madina Book 1 - Urdu Key - Book by Dr. V. 'Abdur-Raheem -[PDF - 61 pages - 2.5 M )]
- DVDs - Madinah Arabic Language Course - Book 1: Total 9 DVDs - from LQToronto.com
- Part 01 | Part 02 | Part 03a | Part 03b | Part 04 | Part 05a | Part 05b | Part 06a
- Part 06b | Part 07a | Part 07b | Part 08a | Part 08b | Part 09a | Part 09b
- You can purchase these from LQToronto.com Non-Profit Store
- MadinaBook 1 Handouts - Zip - for the above DVDs - from LQToronto.com
- Download the above DVDs : 01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 05 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 09
Its in RAR Format, so you will need a program like WinRAR or 7Zip to extract the files. You will need to download all the parts for DVD 01 and then select Part 01 and click Extract here and you will have the files. This process applies to all of the DVD's.
- Mp3 Audio - Madina Arabic - Book 1 - Audio in Arabic - These are read by. Dr. V. Abdur Rahim and are only in Arabic . No translation no grammar explanation. The aim is to teach the proper pronounciation.
- Mp3 Audio - In English - for Shaykh Dr. V. Abdur-Raheem's Madina Arabic - Book 1, and recorded by Shaykh G M El Shukri (May Allah bless them both!).
- Other mp3 audio for book 1 - This site covers the Madina Arabic books 1 & 2. Lesson by lesson and page for pageMadina Arabic : Book 2:
- Lessons in Arabic Language - Book 2; [as taught at the Islaamic University of Madeenah]
- 223 pages, Adobe Acrobat 5 document (size = 14.32mb) (from fatwa-online.com)
-Author : Shaykh Dr. V. 'Abdur-Raheem
- Madina Book 2 - Arabic Solutions - Book by Dr. V. 'Abdur-Raheem -[ PDF -68 pages - 5.7 MB ]
- Madina Book 2 - English Key - Book by Dr. V. 'Abdur-Raheem - [ PDF - 110 pages - 13.3 MB ]
- Madina Book 2 - Urdu Key - Book by Dr. V. 'Abdur-Raheem - [ PDF - 133 pages - 6.2 MB ]
- Translated Notes for Madeenah Book Two [Ms Word Doc] - from fatwa-online.com
- Umm Zakkee's personal study notes to Dr. V. 'Abdur-Raheem's ((Lessons in Arabic Language)) - Book 2; [as taught at the Islaamic University of Madeenah]
- 276 pages, Adobe Acrobat document (size = 37.7mb) (from fatwa-online.com)
- DVDs - Madinah Arabic Language Course - Book 2: Total 16 DVDs - from LQToronto.com
- Part 01a | Part 01b | Part 02a | Part 02b | Part 03a | Part 03b | Part 04a | Part 04b
- Part 05a | Part 05b | Part 06a | Part 06b | Part 07a | Part 07b | Part 08a | Part 08b
- Part 09a | Part 09b | Part 10a | Part 10b | Part 11a | Part 11b | Part 12a | Part 12b
- Part 13a | Part 13b | Part 14a | Part 14b | Part 15a | Part 15b | Part 16a | Part 16b
- Madina Book 2 & 3 Handouts - Zip - from LQToronto.com
- You can purchase these DVDs from LQToronto.com Non-Profit Store
- Mp3 Audio - In English - for Shaykh Dr. V. Abdur-Raheem's Madina Arabic - Book 2 , and recorded by Shaykh G M El Shukri (May Allah bless them both!).
- Tapes wise Audio - 01a | 01b | 02a | 02b | 03a | 03b | 04a | 04b 05a | 05b |06a | 06b | 07a | 07b | 08a | 08b |09a | 09b | 10a | 10b | 11a | 11b | 12a | 12b |13a | 13b | 14a | 14b | 15a | 15b | 16a | 16b |
- Chapter-wise audio: Madina-Arabic-Shukri.html - High Quality mp3
- [Link] Chapter wise Audio - Audio for Madina Arabic Book 2
- Other mp3 audio for book 2 - This site covers the Madina Arabic books 1 & 2. Lesson by lesson and page for pageMadina Arabic : Book 3:
- Lessons in Arabic Language - Book 3; [as taught at the Islaamic University of Madeenah]
- 151 pages, Adobe Acrobat 5 document (size = 13.25mb) (from fatwa-online.com)
- Author : Shaykh Dr. V. 'Abdur-Raheem
- Madina Book 3 - Arabic Solutions - Book by Dr. V. 'Abdur-Raheem - [ PDF - 140 pages - 14.5 MB ]
- Madina Book 3 - English Key - Book by Dr. V. 'Abdur-Raheem -[ PDF - 172 pages - 34.6 MB]
- Madina Book 3 - Urdu Key - Book by Dr. V. 'Abdur-Raheem - [ PDF - 179 pages - 11.5 MB ]
- Abu 'Abdullah's Personal study notes to Dr. V. 'Abdur-Raheem's (Lessons in Arabic Language)- Book 3; [as taught at the Islaamic University of Madeenah]"
- 35 pages, Microsoft Word 2002 document (size = 597kb) (from fatwa-online.com)
- by Abu 'Abdullaah -- (important notes covering the topic of i'raab)
- You can purchase DVDs for this book from LQToronto.com Non-Profit Store
- Madina Book 2 & 3 Handouts - Zip - for above DVDs - from LQToronto.com
- Mp3 Audio - In English - for Shaykh Dr. V. Abdur-Raheem's Madina Arabic - Book 3 , and recorded by Shaykh G M El Shukri (May Allah bless them both!).Madina Side Books:These books are not the three medina books that everyone knows about; rather they are the books that are used alongside the medina books that are used in the Medina University, these books a wide variety of topics like phrase usage of verbs and terms, Fiqh, Dictation, Hadith, Reading in which the 3 Medina Books by themselves do not cover. [source]
- Madina side book : Reading level 1 [pdf]
- Madina side book : Expression level 1[pdf]
- Madina side book expression level 2 [pdf]
- Madinah Arabic Language Course from http://www.madinaharabic.com
Based on one of the most popular courses being used today - the Madinah Book Series which are used by Madinah University to teach English speaking students the Arabic language. The course tutorials are being compiled by Shaykh Sulayman Gani and checked by Dr V Abdur Rahim (the author of the Madinah Book Course)
- Amazing DVDs of Learning Madinah Arabic language Course -
From Institute of the Language of the Quran in Toronto. LQToronto.com - Free . No Copy Rights
- Madina Books - Glossary - book by Dr. Abdur Rahim - from LQToronto.com - 256 Pages - [PDF]
A Glossary of words used in Durus al-Lughah al-Arabiyyah li ghair al-natiqina biha - by Dr. V.Abdur Rahim
- Madina Books - Blank Verb Conjugation Sheet [PDF - 1 Page]
- [Link] Resources on esnips - audio for Madina Books